|Name||Cine Engine TODO|
|Technical Contact(s)||Cine Engine Team|
- Wrap the code into C++ classes where applicable/suitable. Possible classes candidates :
- Gfx/Screen (bg_list.cpp, gfx.cpp)
- Script (script.cpp)
- Resource (bg.cpp, msg.cpp, part.cpp, prc.cpp, pal.cpp)
- CineEngine (object.cpp, anim.cpp, various.cpp)
- Sound (already done)
- rename functions and variables that need it
- reorganize functions and variables in cine/various.cpp
- implement, adapt or remove the following options in the system menu :
- Restart Game
- Change Backup Drive
- add support for AtariST sound and music resources (if different from Amiga)
- add support PC Speaker instruments in the PC SoundFX player code (write PCSoundDriver subclasses)
- (maybe) add support for MIDI playback on General Midi devices. Currently the MIDI driver uses MT-32 specific sysEx commands to setup the instruments etc.
- add code for fadeIn/fadeOut
- optimize the rendering (doing a full screen and palette refresh on each frame could be avoided)
- use Common::List instead of custom linked lists (should allow removal and/or simplification of several functions)
- cruisE and Cine have several chunks of code in common, find a way to factorize
- sound code/system
- gfx routines
- unpacking routine
- resource loading (parts, vol.cnf)
- finish Operation Stealth support
- Graphics Glitches:
- Upon loading savegames, Palette is incorrect until you change screen.
- Scene 2 Room 5 (Bank Strongroom) - Ego (John) drawn in front of bars of strongroom (z-ordering bug).
- Scene 4 Room 3 (Seawall By Hotel) - Horizontal black line near top of sea wall rail (image decode bug).
- Scene 4 Room 4 (In Front Of Hotel) - Horizontal lines above Doorman and Rotating Door (image decode bug).
- Scene 6 Room 2 (Mansion Study) - Horizontal black line when "Operate Statue Arm" (image decode bug).
- Scene 6 Room 2 (Mansion Study, Safe Closeup) - LED Digits (mainly 4) Missing Segments.
- Scene 8 (Cutscene - Top Of Porthole Tunnel Ladder) - Background around Ego (John) square with incorrect color.
- Scene 8 Room 1 (Piranha Tank Cage) - Background to right of Cage incorrect color - Grey.
- Scene 8 Room 1 (Piranha Tank Cage) - Black Lines near bottom of screen (image decode bug).
- Scene 8 Room 1 (Piranha Tank Cage) - John on Wire to Grill animation is incorrect..
- Scene 9 Room 12 (Master Control Room) - Background around console lights in bottom-left corner has square with incorrect color.
- Scene 9 Room 12 (Master Control Room) - Countdown LED Digits (mainly 4) Missing Segments.
- Scene 9 Room 12 (Master Control Room) - Main Trajectory display horizontal black lines (image decode bug).
- Scene 9 (On Gantry before boarding Helicopter) - Ego (John) background is incorrect and Ego is Black - incorrect palette?
- Save/Load not possible between Scene 5 (Otto throws John into Sea off Boat) until after Scene 6 Labyrinth Arcade Sequence and During Scene 8 Rat Labyrinth Arcade Sequences - Think this was possible in the original and makes the arcade sequences much harder.
- WARNING: Unable to find part file for filename '02-.ADL'!
- WARNING: Unable to load soundfx instrument '02-.ADL'!
- WARNING: Unable to find part file for filename 'QTRACK32.SPL'!
- Misspelling Script Bugs :
- Object "Bench of Bank Notes" - Should be Bunch
- Read(y) - Missing y
- Passport "English" should be British
- Electrique Cable (for Razor) - should be Electric
- Graphics Glitches:
- Clean up any remaining memory leaks
- Future Wars: Looping samples don't loop in Amiga version (#3091660)