- 1 Compiling ScummVM under OS X
- 2 Things needed
- 3 Obtaining the required libraries
- 4 Compiling ScummVM via the command line
- 5 Compiling ScummVM via the XCode GUI
- 6 Further reading
Compiling ScummVM under OS X
Compiling ScummVM under OS X requires setting up the build environment first, and then compiling the sources either via command line, or the XCode GUI
This can be installed from the Apple Store
XCode command line tools
After installing XCode, open a terminal and type "xcode-select --install"
Get the MacPorts installer for your OS X version from the MacPorts installation page
Obtaining the required libraries
After downloading the XCode command line tools and MacPorts, enter the following command to install all the required libraries:
- sudo port install libsdl libjpeg-turbo libmpeg2 libogg libvorbis flac libmad libpng libtheora faad2 freetype zlib fluidsynth
Compiling ScummVM via the command line
Run the configure script - type "./configure" in the directory with the ScummVM source files. If no errors come up, you should be ready to compile ScummvM. Run "./configure --help" for a list of optional features (eg additional, not yet enabled engines).
Run "make clean" and then "make"
Either run ./scummvm from the current directory or run make install to install ScummVM (you can then run it using "scummvm" from any directory)
Compiling ScummVM via the XCode GUI
Creating an XCode project
- Compile create_project inside devtools/create_project
- Copy the generated create_project tool in the ScummVM root folder
- Run "./create_project . --xcode --build-events --disable-hqscalers"
Build the XCode project
- Open and build the XCode project
- Note that you may need to change the project architecture. Click on the ScummVM project, and change "Architectures" to "64-bit Intel (x86_64)"
- If you're using XCode 5 or newer, you will also need to go to Product -> Scheme -> Edit Scheme -> Run tab -> Options tab and uncheck "Allow debugging when using document Versions Browser", otherwise the invalid "nsdocumentrevisionsdebugmode" option will be passed to the ScummVM executable by XCode