How to add new team members
TODO: Explain what to do *before* adding a new user; and what to do once the new user was added.
Adding new members involves the following things (list may not be complete):
- Point out some important rules: follow the Code Formatting Conventions, don't break other people's builds with your commits, ...
- Ensure they are subscribed to scummvm-devel
- Add them to SF.net as project members
- Make sure to also setup appropriate tracker access levels
- Point them to the tracker admin HOWTO below
- Forum: if they have a forum account, make sure it is in group "ScummVM Team"
- Wiki: Make sure they have an account
- Ask them to write an Introduction email to scummvm-devel
How to edit/update webpages
Attention: Some content on the webpages needs special treatment, e.g. modifying the credits or adding screenshots. If in doubt, ask on scummvm-devel.
- Checkout the
webmodule from SVN; the current website files are inside "trunk" as usual.
- Edit the relevant files, e.g. for the downloads page edit
- Commit your changes as usual
To get any changes you made active on the webserver, you first have to login to the SF.net shell server: <syntax type="sh">ssh -t USER,PROJECT@shell.sourceforge.net create</syntax> Then: <syntax type="sh"> cd /home/groups/s/sc/scummvm/htdocs/ ./update.sh</syntax>
How to be a forum moderator
TODO: Explain how to ban a user properly; how to deal with spam; ...
How to triage bug reports
TODO: Describe how to react to new bug reports; how to get more info, how to use canned responses; which bug title format we use; etc.