|IRC Channel Project Service|
|Purpose||Provides a place for developers and users to meet and discuss|
|Maintainer(s)||Max Horn (Fingolfin), Eugene Sandulenko (Sev)|
For all kinds of live discussions we use #scummvm @ freenode.net IRC channel. All ScummVM developers get an operator status there, so if you have some questions, talk to them. There are several notes about usage of this medium:
- IRC is not the best place for informing everyone about some important development conclusions. I.e. when you discussed something and came up with a solution, it's best to e-mail results to scummvm-devel. That is, don't expect everyone in the team to know that you uttered something at #scummvm.
- All developers who want to get operator status should register with NickServ. Assistance with registration is provided here.
- Most people on FreeNode have so-called anti-spam feature turned on. That is, you will not be able to PM them unless you registered with NickServ
We have several bots living there:
- LeChuck -- our own bot. It's primary usage is infobotting and logs.
- lisppaste -- paste bot. It notifies when ScummVM-related pastes are posted here.
- CIA -- commit notification bot. It notifies on all commits. Further information could be found on CIA.vc site.
- cmeme -- IRCbrowse log bot. Believed to be defunct, logs were available here.
- ScummBot -- build bot. It notifies when one or more ports change their status. There's more information on the Buildbot page.
- echelog-1 -- log bot. Another bot that logs the channel and places them here. There are also stats available.
IRC logs are stored at:
- logs.scummvm.org -- Not updated when LeChuck is down