|Latest Released Version||2.5.1|
|Supported Audio Options||MP3, OGG, FLAC, Uncompressed|
|First Official Version||0.2.0|
ScummVM has been ported to macOS (formerly "Mac OS X" and "OS X"). There are two ports for different types of processors:
- PPC machines running versions 10.4 through 10.5.8
- Intel machines running 10.6 and later
Sparkle support is disabled for PPC hardware and 32-bit Intel processors (capable of running at most 10.6.8) in order to maintain compatibility.
For one-button mice, the right mouse button is emulated via Cmd-Click (that is, you click the mouse button while holding the Command/Apple/Propeller key). However, multi-button mice are fully supported, too (including right clicking and scroll wheel).
- From the downloads page, download the appropriate download for your version of macOS/Mac OS X and CPU.
- After the disk image (
.dmg) file is downloaded, double click on it and Disk Copy will mount the image.
- Once it is mounted, copy the files inside to the
Applicationsfolder or another location where you wish to store it.
Simply drag your ScummVM files to the Trash.
It is generally recommended to use the official builds, but for anyone interested in doing their own builds...
The following links contain instructions and notes on how to build / cross-compiled our codebase for OSX:
- Compiling ScummVM/macOS
- Compiling ScummVM/Mac OS X 10.2.8 (For PPC Users running this older version)
- Compiling ScummVM/Mac OS X Crosscompiling