Jump to navigation Jump to search
- make a clean implementation of double-buffering, with centralized updateScreen(). This would significantly deviate from the original engine, but may be the only way to effectively implement hardware-based effects (like half-brite). Other versions of the engine will surely benefit from a clean approach, too.
- merge input loops: make one input routine for menu, one for dialogue and one for _c_endIntro (possibly merge it with menu). It would be probably needed as part of the new double-buffering implementation. Should be worthy to investigate if it can be made before.
Other less relevant issues:
- The Halfbrite spotlight for donna's show is not working: the effect is handled in hardware in the original game, and the current implementation doesn't allow for a clean solution. See General TODO above (double-buffering stuff).
- Characters should walk faster to match the original.
- Hiragana code blocks in protection screen should change color when pressed [almost right].
- Make proper balloons with rounded corners for dialogues [needs a polygon fill routine].