Revolution Software is a British video game company founded by Tony Warriner, Charles Cecil, David Sykes and Noirin Carmody in York in 1990.
Revolution Software built its reputation as a company making excellent graphic adventures beginning in the early 1990s. The company continues to make graphic adventures today.
The ScummVM team has also released a freeware download of Beneath a Steel Sky, thanks to the gracious help of Tony Warriner and the rest of the team at Revolution Software Ltd.
Revolution Software produced many adventures, like the Broken Sword series, based on the Virtual Theatre engine, which was first used in Lure of the Temptress.
- Lure of the Temptress (1992)
- Beneath a Steel Sky (1994)
- King's Quest VI (Amiga port) (1994) (Not supported by ScummVM)
- Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars (1996)
- Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror (1997)
- Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse (2014) (Not supported by ScummVM)
Beneath a Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1, and Broken Sword 2 were also re-released as high definition remakes. These are not supported by ScummVM.
They also made three-dimensional adventure games that incorporate action elements.
- In Cold Blood (2000)
- Gold and Glory: The Road to El Dorado (2000)
- Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon (2003) (not supported by ScummVM)
- Broken Sword: The Angel of Death (2006) (not supported by ScummVM)
- Beyond a Steel Sky (2020) (not supported by ScummVM)