Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Name||SCI Engine TODO|
|Technical Contact(s)||SCI Engine Team|
SCI0-SCI1.1 missing features
- Voice mapping. This is used by all SCI games to assign hardware voices to midi channels in the AdLib and FB-01 drivers. So, for example, if a song tries to play more than 9 notes at the same time, we need to stop an earlier note. We currently do this round-robin, while we should be respecting voice assignments. If a game sets 3 voices for piano, we should not take one away unless 4 piano notes are played, then it's OK to stop one piano note. Currently if a song were to use 5 notes at once we would just play them all, even if that midi channel was set to use 2 voices, and those 3 extra notes might stop more important notes, e.g. in the melody. This has been implemented for SCI0, but it's not hooked up to AdLib at the moment. Also we're not sure if the initial voice assignments are in the MIDI stream in SCI1 (they're not in SCI0). Of course, channel remapping has an effect on this too
- Improve Amiga (SCI01/1) and Mac sound support (same format)
- kDoAudio subops 12 and 13 (used in Freddy Pharkas: subop 12 is called while people are talking and subop 13 is called while the narrator's voice is heard)
- Adapt the CMS driver to support earlier SCI versions too.
- MT-32 is only using 10 channels (1-10), but our music code always assumes 16 channels leading to lost notes
- Rewrite the MIDI parser (which is using ticks) so that it uses byte offsets instead
- Support for the SCI1 Mac version of kGetEvent
- Support for the SCI1 Mac version of kNewWindow
- Support for SCI1.1 partially hardcoded icon bar
- Images stored in PICT resources (tags: 'IBIN' (not-selected), 'IBIS' (selected), 'PICT' (inventory image))
- kPlatform subop 4 is called various times for the icon bar. One call sets up the scripts for the icons, etc.
SCI2-SCI3 missing features
- Support for Macintosh versions of games
SCI0-SCI1.1 known bugs
- The Tandy/PCjr driver needs more work
- Castle Dr. Brain: In the programming puzzle room 280 the music is using one bad instrument
- Castle Dr. Brain: in the first room, some notes aren't played during the memory puzzle
- KQ5: End credits song is broken (resource 699). we are now filtering out invalid channels, but at the end of the song it plays back garbled somewhat. This video proves that it worked fully in original sci http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GerEZ68YSzc - the resource is uncompressed inside resource.000 right at the end, this is definitely no decompression or resource size error
- LSL6: when saving when music is fading out (and restoring) the music will stay on that level and keep playing - we should check for fading and modify selectors to the endpoint
- LSL6: =NOT OUR BUG= sometimes the tram does not stop. This is a game script issue and not an engine one, but we should still figure out what goes wrong and fix it. To make it work -> see SCI bugs
- PQ2: Room 26 isn't exitable - happens if you warp from inside the car at the start into room 26 - happened to me during the game although I'm not unable to reproduce it anymore. I guess I did something differently last time.
- QFG1 EGA: when buying something from the shop and the merchant is reading at that time, it will get bought twice
- QFG1 VGA: ending music isn't played at all. no sound calls are done, so I guess it's VM.
- KQ5: Warning - kStrAt with offset 0xFFFF is called when graham gets the staff, also happens when getting the heart in the forest
- KQ5: Warning - try to peek at 0:0, 0:2 and 0:4 most of the time when dialogue windows appear
- LSL5: Warning - Invalid character in kReadNumber input (happens right at the start of the game)
- LSL6: WARNING: Attempt to read character from non-raw data! during end credits
- PQ2: WARNING: ADLIB: Invalid patch 124 requested!
- PQ3: During End Sequence, WARNING: kDoSound(setHold): Slot not found (0026:0fc4)! and WARNING: Unhandled SCI MIDI command 0x51 (parameter 1)!
- QFG1EGA: Invalid adlib patch 1xx used, occurs several times in the game
- SQ4: During intro - "WARNING: Unhandled SCI MIDI command 0x0 (parameter 0)!"
SCI2-SCI3 known bugs
- Please check the bug tracker