Small Devices Backend
A backend used for smaller devices with limited functionality. I.e. small screen, no keyboard, low memory, low processor etc.
- WinCE -- small screen, no keyboard
- PalmOS -- small screen, no keyboard, low resources, low memory
- SymbianOS -- small screen, no keyboard, low resources, low memory
- PSP -- no keyboard
- PS2 -- no keyboard
- DC (?)
- GP32 -- small screen, no keyboard, low resources, low memory
It could be based on SDL backend, but should have most functions as virtual, so functionality could be overriden. An example is PSP which has hardware scalers, and PS2 where Lavos wants to implement 3D virtual keyboard.
List of common subsystems:
- Virtual keyboard
- Splash screen (most of ports have it, so it could be unified)
- Downscalers, used for <320x200 screens
- No scalers, but that should be under #ifdef as PSP and PS2 have enough power
- Low-res sound