we are enlisting some guidelines for students which are participating in GSoC with our project.
* [http://sourceforge.net/account/registration/ Create an account on SF.net.]
* [http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#userregistration Register your nick on FreeNode.net] (it's a good idea for your IRC and SF.net nicks to be similar/identical)
Stay on IRC all hours when when you work on your task.
* [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/scummvm-devel Subscribe to the scummvm-devel mailing list.]
* Commit your code as soon as possible, preferably on a daily basis or more often.
* Reflect your progress in a blog. If you don't have one already, try [http://www.blogger.com/ Blogger], [http://wordpress.com Wordpress] (see also http://wordpress.org), [http://www.movabletype.com/ Moveable Type], ...
* Create your user page on our Wiki and give a brief overview on what you are working on. However, your blog is the main place to write about your progress.