|Latest Released Version||2.1.0|
|Supported Audio Options||MP3, OGG, FLAC, Uncompressed|
|First Official Version||0.1.0b|
ScummVM has been ported to Microsoft Windows.
This supports machines running Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP and 7.
- Though we try to maintain builds on the older OS versions, unless there is a very good reason to break compatibility, OS versions earlier than XP are not tested regularly, so could exhibit runtime failures. Please report any such issue as bugs in the normal manner.
- Windows 8 is not currently supported, as the OS is new (as of Q4 2012) and SDL support, SDK, and toolchain issues require work before we can look at supporting this.
- Windows 8 RT is unlikely to be supported by this port as Windows RT is a rewritten version of Windows 8 so that it works on an ARM processor. It is incompatible with any other version of Windows, as it runs on a completely different processor architecture, and it follows the Apple paradigm: it can only run certified software obtained from the Windows Store, similar to iPhones/iPads running software from the App Store.
- Windows 3.1 (and earlier) are not supported. Please don't ask, unless you are providing a code patch!
- Devices running Windows CE (Compact Edition) are supported here.
It is generally recommended to use the official builds, but for anyone interested in doing their own builds...
The following links contain instructions and notes on how to build / cross-compile our codebase for MS Windows: