GrimE/Grim Fandango Original Bugs
Even though LucasArts released a patch, Grim Fandango still has a number of bugs of the game data. Thanks to ScummVM's hot patching system we can fix them on the fly when loading the data.
Notable bugs fixed
- At the edge of the World Manny was unable to speak to Domino in his factory (1).
- The conveyor belt at the edge of the World is famously known to be really troublesome. That is no longer true in ScummVM.
- Bowlsley does not point the gun at Manny, but rather at some point in the wall (2). ScummVM fixes that and also Manny's animation in that sequence.
- Often opening the inventory while a sequence was going on could freeze the game. ScummVM fixes most of those cases.
- When handing Manny the work order Glottis' animation was choppy.
These are the most notable ones, but ScummVM fixes some other, more subtle, bugs. See here for a full list.