Jump to navigation Jump to search
Once an engine has been accepted into the master branch, finished, and is ready to be playtested, do this stuff to get it ready:
- Change any
ADGF_UNSTABLEflags in the engine’s detection table to
- Change the [build-by-default] flag in the engine’s configure.engine file to yes
- Update the game’s information pages in the wiki:
- Add the new game(s) to the NEWS file
- If necessary, add special notes to section 3 of the README file
- Add the engine author(s) to the credits.pl file and run make credits to update the AUTHORS and credits.h files.
- If the engine uses a data file, make sure it is added to the list of files to distribute:
- Add it to DIST_FILES_ENGINEDATA in Makefile.common
- Add it to dists/scummvm.rc
- Add it to dists/irix/scummvm.idb
- Add it to devtools/create_project/xcode.cpp (in the XcodeProvider::getResourceFiles() function).
- Add it to scumm_package_master in the buildbot master.cfg file.
- Make sure Datafiles is up-to-date
- Make sure the engine and game are added to the bug tracker (engine in Components, game in Custom Fields->game)
- Publish a news entry announcing game testing at scummvm/scummvm-web:data/news/ (e.g. Full Pipe announcement)
- Copy the news to the forums, General Discussion subforum, mark the post as an announcement
- Copy the news to our Facebook page
- Update the compatibility data at scummvm/scummvm-web:data/compatibility/compat-DEV.xml with compatibility information for the new game(s)
- If necessary, update the demos list at scummvm/scummvm-web:data/game_demos.xml with new game demos