Difference between revisions of "IPhone"
m (→A note for those coming from weblogs: Fixed link to renamed page and update list of freewared games)
(Updated for buildbot field addition)
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
Revision as of 21:05, 18 February 2011
|Latest Released Version||2.0.0|
|Supported Audio Options||MP3, OGG, FLAC, Uncompressed|
|First Official Version||0.8.0|
Cydia (Firmware 2.0 and upwards)
- Start Cydia
- On the main Cydia tab (the Home screen), click "More Package Sources"
- Select and install the UrbanFanatics.com source
- ScummVM should now be in "Games" section, ready for you to install!
Installer.app (Firmware 1.1.4 and below)
- Open Installer.app on a jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch. Use Google to find out how to jailbreak your specific version of the firmware on your device.
- Tap the "Sources" button in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the "Edit" button in the top-right corner.
- Tap the "Add" button in the top-left corner.
- Enter http://urbanfanatics.com/scummvm.xml into the text area and tap "OK".
- Installer will refresh your sources. It may close. If so, reopen it.
- ScummVM is now available for install in the Games section.
To copy the game data files over to your device:
- On the iPhone/iPod install OpenSSH (if it is not already installed), using Cydia.
- Install an SFTP client (For Macs, Cyberduck is good. For Windows, FileZilla should do the trick). Then connect your SFTP client to your iPhone/iPod using the IP address the device shows in its network settings (Hit Settings, then Wi-Fi, then find the network you're connected to). The username is "root" and the password probably "alpine".
- Make a subdirectory on your phone under /var/mobile (or /var/root for firmware versions 1.1.2 and below), and upload the games there (don't place them anywhere else on the phone, as you'll be filling up the smaller system partition then). Here you can see exactly which files you need for which games.
- Make sure these files and directories have the right permissions set! You're uploading as root, all the files need to be readable by the 'mobile' user as well.
- When you've uploaded all the games you want, start up ScummVM and add the game(s) there (navigate to the same directory you uploaded them to).
|Game Controller Mapping:|
|Action||Touch screen control|
|Left click||Single tap|
|Right click||Hold one finger on screen where you want to click, single tap another|
|Arrow keys||Only with ScummVM 2.1.0 or above, use a three fingers swipe in the direction of the arrow key you want. You can also use the arrow buttons in the bar above the keyboard (on iPhone you may need to scroll the bar to see those).|
|ESC||Hold one finger on screen, double tap another. Since ScummVM 2.1.0 you can also use the Esc key in the bar above the keyboard.|
|Tab||Since ScummVM 2.1.0 use the Tab button in the bar above the keyboard.|
|Return||Since ScummVM 2.1.0 use the Return button in the bar above the keyboard.|
|Global Main Menu||Swipe two fingers down from top to bottom. Note: In all versions before 1.5.0, this only send "F5" and thus in some games different menus were brought up. Since ScummVM 2.1.0 you can also use the left-most button in the bar above the keyboard.|
|Show On-Screen Keyboard||Rotate phone to Portrait orientation, rather than landscape to trigger on screen keyboard. Since ScummVM 2.1.0 you can also use the pinch gesture to show or hide the keyboard (pinch in to show the keyboard and pinch out to hide it).|
|F 0-9 keys||Press the keyboard button directly under the appropriate number. Since ScummVM 2.1.0 use the bar above the keyboard instead.|
|Toggle Click+Drag mode||Swipe two fingers up from bottom to top. In this mode, a mouse click is sent immediately when you touch the screen, drags to wherever you slide your finger, and releases where you lift your finger. If you press down a second finger in this mode, you effectively release the left mouse button, and press down the right one (which is then released when you lift your finger again). Useful for Monkey Island 3: The Curse of Monkey Island and Full Throttle.|
|Toggle Touchpad mode||Swipe two fingers from left to right. In this mode, the cursor doesn't stay underneath your finger, but is rather moved around from its current position depending on the direction of your finger movement, just like a touchpad on a laptop. From version 0.12.0-pre3 and upwards only.|
|Suspend||Press the tactile "home" button.|
|Quit||Press and hold the tactile "home" button for 5-6 seconds.|
A note for those coming from weblogs
The official site for ScummVM is www.scummvm.org. This is only a port-specific page.
You need original disks to run the games. We will not give support to anyone using illegal copies of the games. There are six games which are legal to download (Beneath a Steel Sky, Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back, Flight of the Amazon Queen, Lure of the Temptress, Dragon History and TeenAgent) which can be found at our downloads page or in other places. A number of games are still on sale, and for games not in the list go to eBay, into your attic or sometimes they're still in local bargain bins.
ScummVM is not an emulator, and the project is not only about LucasArts games since 2002 (i.e. today we support over 150 different games by a number of different game software companies).
Vinterstum created just one of 30 ScummVM ports, and ScummVM is a work for over 40+ active developers.
|No known problems||Playable, with problems||Unplayable|
|Beneath a Steel Sky||Fully Playable||Save/load buttons must be double-tapped to function.|
|Broken Sword 1: The Shadow of the Templars||Fully Playable|
|Day of the Tentacle||Completed|
|The Dig||Fully playable|
|Flight of the Amazon Queen||Fully playable|
|Full Throttle||Fully playable|
|Gobliins 2||Fully playable|
|Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis||Completed|
|Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade||Fully playable|
|King's Quest 3||Fully playable|
|Monkey Island 1: The Secret of Monkey Island||Completed|
|Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge||Fully playable|
|Monkey Island 3: The Curse of Monkey Island||Playable||Intro can only be skipped with "ESC" in click+drag mode.|
|Sam & Max Hit the Road||Completed|
|Simon the Sorcerer 1||Fully playable|
|Simon the Sorcerer 2||Fully playable|
|Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders||Fully playable|
Have you tried a game not in the above list, or have an addition to an existing entry? Please write up a report in the iPhone game compatibility thread and it will be added here!