|PlayStation 3 Port|
|Latest Released Version||2.2.0|
|Supported Audio Options||MP3, OGG, FLAC, Uncompressed|
|First Official Version||1.4.0|
ScummVM has been ported to the Sony PlayStation 3. All games are supported and *should* work, but they have not all been tested.
- A homebrew enabled PlayStation 3 console. As of now that mostly means having a custom firmware installed. Obtaining and installing such a software is out of the scope of this document. Sorry, but you're on your own for that one.
- At least one ScummVM supported game. The list of compatible games can be seen here: http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/
The page http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Where_to_get_the_games references some places where those games can be bought. Demonstration versions for most of the supported games are downloadable on http://scummvm.org/demos/
- An USB drive.
From a computer, download the installable package of the PS3 port from ScummVM's main site. It should be a .pkg file. Copy it to an USB drive. After having plugged the USB drive to you PS3, the installation package should appear in the XMB under the "Games > Install Package" menu. Installing it copies ScummVM and its dependencies to your PS3's hard drive. It also adds the "Games > PlayStation 3 > ScummVM" XMB entry which is to be used to launch ScummVM.
Configuring and playing games
The user manual describes how to add games to ScummVM and launch them : http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_Manual
PlayStation 3 Specifics
Games can be launched either from an USB drive or from the internal hard drive. The internal hard drive has better performance though. Savegames are wrote in the /hdd0/game/SCUM12000/saves folder.
|Left stick||Move Pointer|
|Cross||Left Mouse Button|
|Circle||Right Mouse Button|
|Triangle||Game Menu (F5)|
|Start||ScummVM's Global Main Menu (Crtl+F5)|
|Select||Toggle Vitual Keyboard|
|L1||AGI Predictive Input Dialog|
Building from source
This port of ScummVM to the PS3 is based on SDL2. It uses the open source SDK PSL1GHT.
The dependencies needed to build it are :
- The toolchain from https://github.com/ps3dev/ps3toolchain
- SDL2 from https://bitbucket.org/bgK/sdl_psl1ght/branch/psl1ght-2.0.3
- ScummVM from https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm
Once all the dependencies are correctly setup, an installable package can be obtained from source by issuing the following command :
./configure --host=ps3 && make ps3pkg