Release Testing for ScummVM
Note, that the guidelines were changed since 0.8.0 testing. New items are specifically marked with red stars. So, please, pay attention to them.
- Use latest SVN build which you may find at bottom of our download page.
- * Use launcher to add your game and see if it was detected normally, even if you already have this game already added. Start newly added target.
- * Preferably test detection of every game/demo you have, even when you're not going to play them
- Play game from beginning through the end
- * Preferably use of save/load facility
- * Do not skip cutscenes.
- If you encounter any problems, please, submit a bug report at our Bugtracker
- * If game has several branches, test as many variants as you can
- * At least 2 distinct users should test each game, preferably but not obligatory on different platforms.
What to provide when you encounter a bug
Information to provide on our bug tracker. Please, do not post bugs to our forums as that makes discussions and bug fixing progress tracking practically impossible
- * Make sure that you have a working mail set up at your sf.net account. In this case you will receive our reply to your bug report
- Snapshot date (but please, always test with latest one)
- Bug details, including instructions on reproducing it
- Language of game (English, German, ...).
- * Is it fan translation or not.
- Version of game (talkie, floppy, ...)
- * Whether sound was compressed or not
- Platform and compiler (Win32, Linux, MacOS, ...)
- Attach a save game if possible
- * Attach a screenshot to demonstrate graphics bugs if applicable
It may happen that at some point of our testing we break savegame compatibility, or do something which affect engine deeply. Then you could be asked to start the game you play from the beginning. You will be explicitly told to do so, so don't worry if we say nothing in this aspect.
Please, report about your completion on firstname.lastname@example.org, on our forums either talk to some developer (an op) at #scummvm on freenode.net. If you encountered some problem, provide bug report number too.
Thanks for your help.