|First release||July 28, 2014|
|Also known as|
|Support||Since ScummVM 1.2.0|
Zork Demo is a freeware fan-created adventure game demo using the SCI engine that is an implementation of the Infocom text adventure, Zork.
The beginning results of a tool currently under development. Eventually will be a fully-playable game.
Port of Zork to SCI.
Here's a list of what's fixed in the latest version:
- Completely rewrote and fully implemented the Queue and QueueInterrupt functions (this is what makes the 'daemons' or 'timers' work)
- Fixed Random() function implementation, it was generating negative numbers but code was expecting only positive ones
- Fixed parsing of preposition 'at'
- Fixed JigsUp (death handler) functionality - wasn't referring to correct text res # to pull the values from
- Array-driven print functionality had their parameter values swapped
- Fixed printing random values from text res when index contained mathematical operation (LeakDaemon)
- Cosmetic: Changed room scripts to be named the actual room instead of 'rmXXX'
- Fixed issue with attempting to print a single integer with the AppendMsgBuffer routine
- Vocabulary: When a word is both a noun and an adjective, only give it the noun class. Otherwise parsing was failing under certain scenarios (this was a fun one, I'll have to do a write-up on it at some point)
Out of heap errors are less frequent too. I was able to score upwards of 150 points in this version before the game crashed on me.
Zork I: The Great Underground Empire
|Zork I: The Great Underground Empire|
|First release||December 21, 2017|
|Also known as|
|Support||Since ScummVM 2.1.0|
Zork I: The Great Underground Empire is a freeware fan-created adventure game demo using the SCI engine.
Whereas the Zork Demo was a port of the classic Zork to SCI as a text adventure, this is a remake of Zork, turning it into a point-and-click game adventure game.
The full game has not been implemented yet, but it's pretty polished and the player is able to score 45 total points.