Jump to navigation
Jump to search
← Older edit
Newer edit →
Revision as of 23:48, 17 December 2019
2,196 bytes added
23:48, 17 December 2019
plugins=yes MinGW only|
== About ==
been ported to
This supports machines running Windows XP and later (excluding RT). Windows 9x support requires a separate build.<br>
* Though we try to maintain builds on the older OS versions, unless there is a very good reason to break compatibility, OS versions earlier than XP are not tested regularly, so could exhibit runtime failures. Please report any such issue as bugs in the normal manner.
* Note: tablets running this may have input issues as our builds are compiled for keyboard and mouse input, rather than touchscreen.
* Windows 8 RT is unlikely to be supported by this port as Windows RT is a rewritten version of Windows 8 so that it works on an ARM processor. It is incompatible
any other version of Windows, as it runs on a completely different processor architecture, and it follows the Apple paradigm: it can only run certified software obtained from the Windows Store, similar to iPhones/iPads running software from
Simple Directmedia Layer
* Windows 95, 98 and ME were last supported in ScummVM 1.8.1, and restored in 2.1.0.
* Windows 3.1
are not supported
Please don't ask, unless you are providing a code patch!
* Devices running Windows CE (Compact Edition) are [[Windows_CE|supported here]].
* [[Windows/Console| Windows Console - Blessing Or Curse? Discussion Notes]]
== Compiling ==
It is generally recommended to use the official builds, but for anyone interested in doing their own builds...<p>The following links contain instructions and notes on how to build / cross-compile our codebase for MS Windows:
* [[Compiling ScummVM/Visual Studio]]
* [[Compiling ScummVM/MinGW]]
* [[Compiling ScummVM/MinGW-w64]]
== External links ==
Retrieved from "
Game data files
Get the Games
Instructions to Wiki Editors
About ScummVM :: Wiki