Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Task Name||Integrate Avalanche Engine|
|Technical Contact(s)||Arnaud Boutonné, Eugene Sandulenko|
|Status||GsOC 2013 (uruk), done and merged|
The authors (and right holders) of the Avalanche Engine have recently found the sources of the engine and have decided to release those under a GPLv2 licence, as well as the data files. This engine is used by the DOS only Lord Avalot d'Argent.
- Convert the sources from Pascal to C
- Clean up the resulting code, make it compile
- Integrate it in ScummVM
- Make use of ScummVM subsystems for graphics, audio, input, ...
- Rework code to follow our portability guidelines
- Refactor/Objectify it
- Integrating Avalanche Engine in ScummVM will allow Lord Avalot d'Argent to be properly freed, as it'll provide a portable environment to play it.
- Avalanche Engine will also benefit all the enhancement proposed by ScummVM.
- The game will get a second life as the full (and free) version of the game will be available on our site.
- Good C++ skills.
- Good knowledge of ScummVM coding conventions and portability guidelines (could be learned in less than a week)
- Engine internals could be studied quickly. (The original authors are willing to help by answering questions)