Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Task Name||Integrate CGE2 Engine|
|Technical Contact(s)||Arnaud Boutonné, Paul Gilbert|
|Status||GSoC 2014 (uruk), done and merged|
The authors (and right holders) of Sfinx have recently found the sources of the engine and have decided to release those under a GPLv2 licence, as well as the data files. This engine is used by the DOS only Sfinx.
- Clean up the code, compare it to the current CGE engine and analyze the difference
- Integrate it in ScummVM
- Make use of ScummVM subsystems for graphics, audio, input, ...
- Rework code to follow our portability guidelines
- Refactor/Objectify it
- Integrating CGE2 Engine in ScummVM will allow Sfinx to be properly freed, translated , which will provide a portable environment to play it and will allow the first English release.
- CGE2 Engine will also benefit all the enhancement proposed by ScummVM.
- The game will get a second life as the full (and free) version of the game will be available on our site. It will allow be translated into English for the first time.
- Good C++ skills.
- Good knowledge of ScummVM coding conventions and portability guidelines (could be learned in less than a week)
- Engine internals could be studied quickly. (The original authors are willing to help by answering questions)