* Check for the presence of all required data files in all games; or, as a somewhat less extensive measure, at least do this: For games which were shipped on multiple volumes (floppies, CDs), check for the presence of at least one file per volume.
* Check for the presence of our external support files like kyra.dat, sky.cpt, etc., and also verify that they are up-to-date. For details, see [https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1520433&group_id=37116&atid=418823 FR #1520433]
=== OSystem ===
=== Misc ===
* Follow some consistent naming patterns for functions/methods:
** A method which return an object pointer and expects the calling code to delete the object after use, should be named makeFOO; so for example, FSNode::openForReading() would become FSNode::makeReadStream()
** improved GUI experience for small devices *and* "big" devices ?
** helpful for localization
* Localize ScummVM
** initially only to systems with 8bit encodings
** investigate "full" UTF-8 encoding support. May be too muchfor small ports, though. Can we switch between both approaches during compile time?
** use gettext for localization?
** investigate existing localization patch(es)
** translate engines as well? what about errors?
* add support for saving/loading from the GMM in more engines
** for the others, what needs to be done to fix this?
** what about engine support? i.e. letting engines specify which "keys" a given game wants?
* why do some ARM targets not use all ARM assembler code?
** maybe enable it all for ARM builds, and let ARM ports explicitly *disable* it if necessary?
* merge NDS changes from branch into trunk
== Wish list ==